hi, my name is anna and i am a registered childminder. i am looking for sponsors to help me raise money for 'have a heart' in order to help disadvantaged children in my area. i have no former fundraising experience and any advice would help a lot. i have to raise £3,250 which is a big sum.
Hello Anna, There are a number of companies that supply easy fundraising event kits which you can use. This makes organisation of your fundraising event so much easier especially if you have no experience and are lacking confidence. The companies that supply these kits are regularly working with novice fundraisers and have lots of experience of helping people realise their objectives. Once you get going you will see just how easy it all is - especially with a tried and tested kit because most of the hard work is then done for you- you just get to do the the fun bits and later to revel in the success of your event! Please check out these risk-free easy fundraising ideas from Fundeo.Com
Hi Anna, with limited details on your circumstances, i.e. if you have access to a corporate employer, if you are active in your community etc. I would suggest a few of the following:
1. Create a online fundraising account for the charity you wish to raise funds for.
2. Local fun run or bike ride - raise sponsorship from all runners
3. Theme day at work - say on a Friday 'mufty day', set a theme for dressing up and everyone to raise donations for their contribution.
4. Charity sale at your local village/town or church hall
5. Bake off - again at work, church hall or village/town hall
6. Approach local traders if they will support the charity by making a donation and you can create a local charity newsletter and provide them with branding and advertisements and distribute locally. There will be a printing cost for this, but you can factor that all into your fundraising targets. At least you are offering something back for the donation support, which can be regular donations.
7. Ask the charity who else they have fundraising for them and team up with them to do a collective effort.
8. Approach a local supermarket (large chain) to see if you can hold a car wash for their customers. Get a group of volunteers and raise funds by basic car washing for a day.
Anyway, just a few ideas off the top of my head. How much have you raised so far? Let us know how it is all going and good luck!